Sunday, September 30, 2007

Like a hole in the head...

A new hobby is not really something I need right now. Knitting and my dallying in spinning takes up a lot of time (not to mention an entire closet-full of yarn, fiber and other stuff), and I really could benefit from other ways to spend my time, like continuing to put together our house, and getting my *ss to the gym. But I couldn't really resist signing up for an intro to quilting class at the new fabric store in Narberth. This will lead to the purchase of a sewing machine, I'm sure, and I just stocked up on all sorts of supplies like fabric scissors and a rotary cutter. Class starts at the end of October, so stay tuned for updates on Caroline's adventures in quilting...

2 comments:

Liza's Pages said...

What a lovely idea. There's no such thing as too many hobbies, only not enough time to do them. Anyway, it's so rewarding to master new techniques. By the way, when I first quilted, I used the English method which did not require a sewing machine. Very slow but also very portable. Congratulations, your doting Mums

Unknown said...

Hey Caroline, this is a blast from your past. It's Dan Hobbs, your classmate from Paris, 13 (!) years ago. I cam across your site while playing the "whatever became of so-and-so" game while idle at work, and I'm thrilled to have found you. I'd love to meet up and compare what's been going on for the past 1/3 of our lives! Me: dkhobbs (at) gmail