Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Embossed Leaves Progress

Continuing in the trend of the past few weeks, travel is ever present in my life. Over the past week, I've been to West Virginia, Cleveland and Boston (not Quebec) which means much knitting time. The latest project on the needles in a pair of socks, Embossed Leaves, knit in Socks that Rock from Interweave's 25 Favorite Socks.



While I was knitting on a flight from Philly to Charlotte, I sat across from a woman who told me that when she was first married, she knit one pair of argyle socks per week for her husband. The evolution of knitting from a necessity to provide clothing, to a leisure hobby is a fascinating one to me. What people once did to save money and clothe themselves, has become, for me at least, a way to make really expensive socks and sweaters. I bet the nice woman on the plane would not spend $20 on yarn for a pair of socks!
This pattern is great, although notice the nice little hole at the top of the gusset.
One sock down, another to go.

No comments: