Saturday, May 12, 2007

Ahh, Saturday...

I'm a big fan of Saturdays. There is something about the first day of the weekend that is really relaxing. Sundays, I'm thinking about all the crap I want to get done before the end of the weekend.
This Saturday has been great - I went to Loop, which I've been dying to check out. Its a really nice store - great selection, helpful staff, and well organized. They stock a lot of Blue Sky Alpaca, so it was a good opportunity to pick up some stash for one of the several baby blankets on my tkl (consider this a newly coined phrase- "to knit list"). Their Organic Cotton and Dyed Cotton worked out nicely for Leo's blanketso I picked up some more for the next blanket on the list. Different pattern from Mac & Me, but same basic mitred corner concept. It'll look nice in this pink...


So back to my Saturday... Then I moseyed over to HeaDAreA at Matthew Izzo and got a very good cut - I totally gambled cause I had no recommendations, but now I have a Philly hairdresser. Yay. Color next week (baaaaadly needed)... I'll post about my fear of new hairdressers some other time.

And then I've basically been chillin' since I got home, which has given me a chance to catch up on blog photos. Here is my package from my secret pal:

And Scott's camo socks which are progressing. Well, its still the first sock, but lets keep in perspective that these are knit on #0 needles.

During my radio silence, I almost finished the dragon scale mitts for my secret pal


And just because they are beautiful, here is a picture of some fresh eggs which one of my co-workers brought me last week. Scott's already eaten them - the review was very good!

One of the disadvantages of marriage is that if you like a certain kind of food, and your spouse doesn't like that food or is allergic to it, it tends to disappear from your cooking repetoire. So I am taking advantage of the fact that Scott is working tonight to make myself some Shrimp Scampi. Yum. But honestly, this seems to be a very small trade-off in the grand scheme of things...

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Leo's blanket is so cute!! And I love the dragon scale mitts. That would make a great sock pattern, too.

Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Ginny said...

I am so sorry...I hate UPS!! I just got a card from them saying they tried to deliver a package to Leo, but couldn't reach anyone, so they were sending it back.

The intercom downstairs doesn't work, and they never even try to call up. AAAAAUUUGHH.