Friday, June 29, 2007

Bustin a Move

That's what we are doing tomorrow - bustin a move to Narberth. Our floors are done (and they look fabulous) and fumes are nearly gone. The cleaning guy came today, and we've been schlepping car loads over from our temporary place. And as nice as this place has been for a furnished apartment, we're cramped and crowded and ready to get out...
In the past month I've done tons and tons of knitting - although I have no idea where the cord the connects camera to the computer is, so no pictures just yet. The baby blanket for Neely's baby is almost finished, the baby kimono that was originally for Katie's baby is finished (but now its for my cousin Holly's baby girl, who we didn't know was coming quite so quickly because she was adopted), and the little booties and hat set for Jennie's baby is also done. Maybe I could do some knitting for grown-ups one of these days....
The exploration of Main Line yarn shops has begun. Ewe and I is a nice little shop in Bryn Mawr that has a good selection, and they seem very friendly. They also have a little needlepoint section. Frou Frou was less impressive, probably because they have a whole lot of one thing, and limited selections of other things. They seem to stock every variety and color of Debbie Bliss yarns. In fact, when I went to check it out, Debbie Bliss herself had just left an hour earlier after a talk. But other than that, their selection was not fantastic. Lots of novelty yarns, and not too many interesting small dyers, spinners, etc. But I'm sure its great for the people who like it, and no one is forcing me to shop there, and if I need any Debbie Bliss, I know where to go. There are a few more places to check out, so I'll continue to post my reviews over the next few months. Ok, who am I kidding? It will only take me about a week to make sure I've been to all of them!

No comments: