Friday, June 01, 2007

Princess Goes Camping and Friends and Family get Married

With the craziness of the past few weeks, and the impending greater craziness of the next few weeks, its a bit of a wonder that I'm blogging right now. Did I mention that we are moving, buying a house, and I'm starting a new job, all while going to a bunch of weddings all over the place? Just a few things going on here... But I'm trying to keep things under Control.
Last week we were at Sedda and Greg's wedding in Yosemite, where I camped.

Yes, Princess went camping. Its hard to believe, but its a good thing that Scott got some photos of me sleeping in the tent, because no one will ever see this again. I see how this is appealing to people, but I am not one of those people. Nature is great, and I appreciate it, but I'd rather sleep in a bed than a tent.
Seriously, this is one of the advances humankind has made over the past several thousand years - moving from tents into sturdier structures. One of the reasons Jews don't camp is that our people did a lot of camping over the course of 40 years in the desert. This was enough for the rest of us. For the rest of eternity. Also, I like having showers readily available. But the wedding was beautiful, and Scott took gorgeous pictures.

And we went from there to DC, via home, on about four hours of sleep, for my cousin Avi's wedding to his wonderful wife Anne. It was another beautiful wedding, but it was a study in contrasts with earlier in the week. Outside vs. Inside, 40 people vs. 200, both elegant in very different ways, and my favorite contrast - a toast about the metaphor of rock climbing as related to marriage vs. a toast by my uncle referencing the rosenbergs and another referencing anne boleyn. We're not really sure how or why these latter two toasts occurred, but fortunately, there were others with metaphors other than execution.

So that is the wedding report for now - check back in two weeks for our final report of the spring wedding season...

1 comment:

Valerie said...

I didn't know you were moving! Congrats! I hope all the craziness leads to a comfortable end!