Friday, May 30, 2008

A comment on the footstool

A commenter, who has identified herself at "Mums" noted some dispair that the needlepoint footstool is towards the end of my list of projects, as listed on the project diet. It's an important distinction to note that its not dead last on the list, but second to last, with the Horsey Needlepoint Belt as the final project. Why is it so low on the list? Well, really because all that is left is really boring. I did the whole pattern (like 4 years ago) and now I just need to fill in the the background in black. I try to work on it every once in a while, but there is little that motivates me on this one, other than having a nice gift for my mother when its done! So to appease mums, perhaps I will edit the rules of the diet, and add the stipulation that this needs to be finished as well, before I start other projects. Now, if only I'd made a bit more progress on other projects over the past week....

1 comment:

Liza's Pages said...

With a baby on the way there are waaayyy more important projects to work on now. My comment was meant to be a dramatic, nay e'en ironic recognition of said footstool. Best to save black background stitching for when you actually need something boring to do! And have enough light.
Your patient and hopeful (not despairing) Mums