Friday, March 16, 2007

1/2 a Snow Day

I used to love snow days when I was a kid. Who didn't though? You got the day off, got to play, stay inside and eat comfort cold weather food, after enjoying some sledding in the park.
Snow days are only a little different as a grown-up, and believe me, I'd go sledding if I could (which would require a sled and a nearby hill). Today wasn't a full snow day, but we had "early dismissal" at work because it is super gross outside.

This picture hardly does it justice, but its really slushy and sleety out, the roads are a mess and its cold. Oh, and the sleet is kind of painful when it hits you in the face.
So I'm enjoying an afternoon of Hoops and knitting. The loopy scarf for Susan is in much better shape than my NCAA bracket. I'm still trying to get the hang of the loop stitch, but it's starting to come together. This is knit is in Trendsetter Segue on #17 needles.

My bracket, on the other hand, is a total disaster. Who would have thought that VCU would beat Duke? Clearly, I didn't. And Notre Dame losing to Winthrop? Didn't see that coming. I'm just hoping that Wisconsin doesn't lose to the the Texas A&M Corpus Christi Islanders (who?), although its looking questionable just into the second half. Maybe I'll make some cookies to console myself.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

The scarf is looking beautiful already and I love the yarn you're using.

As for snow, it needs to go away. -=giggle=-