Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Stitch for Chicks

I am totally loving Get Stitchy lately. Lots of helpful boards, nice folks, easy to navigate, and fun stuff. Since I didn't do the Kool-Aid Dye Along and wasn't too interested in the Green-Hat along, I was excited to join the Stitch for Chicks-along. Knitting for other women during Women's History Month is a fantastic idea. The "chick" I'm knitting for is my Mother in Law, Susan. A few months back, she took me to a cool yarn store in Dallas, and picked out some yarn and a pattern for a funky scarf. The scarf would be much further along (i.e. done) if I hadn't misplaced the pattern, so after some help from the folks at the yarn store, I'm now ready to go. I just casted on, and hope to be making progress shortly...
So, how would one prevent losing random patterns picked up at the LYS? Well, after contending with this issue more than once, as well as mangled patterns, I've created the Crafty Caroline Compendium. I envision this as a multi-volume work, which will warrant its own post one of these days. Volume One of the Compendium includes all sorts of knitting stuff and is categorized - patterns by type, technique, stitches, works in progress, etc. protected in plastic sleeves. Additional volumes are planned for needlepoint and bookarts, and maybe even jewelry making. Speaking of which, I'm really thinking about taking the beading stuff out one of these days, especially since I found a bracelet I loved today that I could totally make. And if I do make it, I'll be sure to share.

No comments: