Saturday, January 27, 2007

Damn Cat!

This is Max, one of our two cats

He looks like a sweet cat, but don't be fooled. He has a thing for fiber, and it is starting to cause some problems. Let's document the history...
Sometime around New Years, Max discovered two balls of Qiviut on the dining room table and carried them around the house while we were asleep. I found them (fortunately intact) in my husband's office and our bedroom. Just for the record, these two rooms are nowhere near the dining room. The Qiviut is now safely stored in my craft room.
Episode two occured about a week later when Max found some Frog Tree Alpaca and decided it would be good to wind it, spiderweb style, around the entire house. I'm sure it can still be used, but it could take hours to untangle it...
The latest episode was discovered today, while taking stock of my recent spinning and getting things together for my plying lesson with my mom tomorrow. I discovered that Max had now taken a ball of singles and adeptly hidden it somewhere. So instead of two of these, I have one...

If this cat had opposable thumbs, he'd be quite a fiber artist.

No comments: