Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

For the past few years, we have been celebrating New Years with a fantastic dinner with a few friends. The annual indulgence is organized by my husband's best friend, and we enjoy amazing wines and food, and everyone gets to cook, bake, etc. This year's highlight was a bottle of 1985 Leoville Barton - yum. My contribution was an apricot souffle with a bittersweet chocolate sauce from last week's New York Times. I'm getting into souffles lately, having made a bittersweet chocolate souffle back in November. Next on the list is fig souffle, which is something I had a number of years ago and would love to recreate...
On Saturday, we stopped by my mom's house, and she lent me a few knitting books and three DVDs. Who knew there were knitting DVDs? The books are Simple Socks Plain and Fancy, Knitting Vintage Socks and Cool Socks, Warm Feet. The DVDs are from Lucy Neatby's Sock Techniques 1 & 2, and Knitting Essentials 2. I'll post some reviews in the next few weeks. Its great having a mom who is a librarian and a fiber person, because she has all sorts of references for knitting and spinning! Of course, if it takes a while to return them, I may have an overdue fine to pay!

1 comment:

Liza's Pages said...

Well, you're a most satisfactory daughter and I probably won't charge you a penny in overdues!