Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Pink Sock Success?

It's been a whirlwind couple of days! Scott made me a yummy birthday dinner on Friday night

since I was out of town yesterday for my actually b-day. Rack of lamb... mmmm...
Saturday was jam-packed with visiting with our Our Friends in Portland and then an Ethiopian dinner in NYC. Then we ran to Philly on Sunday morning to look at houses and then I flew to Boca for work on Sunday afternoon. And now I'm home. With all this craziness comes lots of knitting time so the pink socks are now done.

They came out fine, but I definitely have some opportunities to improve technique. Especially where the heel flap joins - seems pretty loose. Also, gussets seem a little hole-y. I'll give myself a B on these. Now I'm starting some top-down socks based on Simple Socks Plain and Fancy with a short row heel. Claudia's handpainted again, this time in some fun purples. This year is going to be the year of the sock...

No comments: